Altai Systems delivers CRM software built on top of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM to associations around the globe. We are looking for a fabulous Director of Finance and Administration to join our team.
We are seeking someone who is driven; a self-starter who isn’t afraid to tackle challenges. We’re looking for someone who can take a task and run with it, and ask for help whenever needed. This is the ideal position for an energetic, detail-oriented individual with a passion for accuracy, process improvement, and compliance.
This position could be filled in a part-time capacity (3-4 days/week) or a full-time capacity (5 days/week) depending on the desires of the selected candidate.
- Corporate Finance
- Record bank deposits received via physical and electronic payments in QuickBooks
- Conduct monthly journal entries to reconcile balance sheet items
- Ensure A/R is collected in a timely manner
- Research and comply with multi-state sales tax and employment related matters
- Complete applications for government-sponsored tax credits (i.e. R&D Tax Credit)
- Collaborate with corporate accountant for year-end tax activities
- Credit card management
- Consistently look for opportunities to reduce costs and increase profitability
- Maintain personal pride and accountability for the accuracy of our books
- Billing and Invoicing
- Generate invoices through Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Review invoices for accuracy and compliance with established payment terms (FFP, T&M) before distribution
- Record and process payments through Bill.com and Melio
- Ensure excellence in customer relations when interfacing with clients regarding billing issues or concerns
- Process exempt and non-exempt payroll on a bi-weekly basis
- Collaborate with ADP to establish status as an employer in multiple states as new remote employees are hired
- Track and process employee bonuses, commissions, and salary adjustments
- Maintain compliance with federal and state payroll regulations
- Record and confirm payroll journal entries
- Review and process employee expense reimbursements
- Benefits Administration
- Collaborate with our insurance broker to identify and administer value-add benefits to Altai employees including health insurance, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, dental, vision, and other designated benefits.
- Process onboarding and offboarding insurance / COBRA paperwork
- Compliance Reporting
- Ensure completion and accuracy of compliance reporting (i.e. 1099s, Form 5500 for 401k, 401K Compliance Testing)
- Executive Reporting
- Weekly cash flow reporting
- Monthly financial reporting (income statement, balance sheet, AP/AR)
- Employee utilization reports
- Contracts and License Administration
- Process and store new client contracts, work orders, change orders, etc.
- Set up projects (including payment terms) inside our CRM, PSA, and billing systems
- Manage the acquisition and billing of Microsoft licenses as needed on our clients’ behalf
- Timesheet Administration
- Ensure employee timesheets are submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- Review timesheets to ensure accuracy in billability codes
- Ensure accuracy in PTO reporting and tracking
- Maintain accurate personal time and task tracking records on a weekly basis
- Human Resources Support
- Complete new employee onboarding processes (setup in ADP, benefits registration, email setup, etc.)
- Ensure employee reviews are completed (by relevant supervisors) on a timely basis and recorded appropriately
- Process Enhancement and Documentation
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline and improve financial processes
- Create detailed documentation for existing processes; update documentation with modified or enhanced processes on an ongoing basis
- Ensure all documented processes and procedures are followed
- 5+ years of experience in corporate financial management
- 5+ years of experience in payroll processing and benefits administration; knowledge of Federal and State regulations is required
- 3+ years of experience with QuickBooks
- General understanding physical presence when conducting business in multiple states
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Bachelors’ or associates degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen ability to assess and mitigate risk
- Ability to manage competing priorities and tasks simultaneously and with a high degree of accuracy
- Extreme attention to detail and a positive can-do attitude
- Deadline oriented
- Experience with remote employees in multiple states preferred
- Experience with ADP preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics and/or Unit4’s PSA system is a bonus
We are a small privately-owned business that is doing big things. Our teams at Altai are supporting some of the most well-respected, influential, non-profit organizations world-wide. As a provider of CRM solutions for associations, we have the ability to impact and support those on the frontlines of medical innovations, transportation safety, standards advancements, and more. We value infectious energy, positivity, and an unwavering commitment to quality. Our teams work remotely from their home offices and enjoy great pay, competitive benefits, and flexible work schedules. Interested in learning more about Altai – please visit us at www.altaisystems.com.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we’d like to encourage all applicants to consider applying even if you do not meet 100% of our requirements.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations to fully participate in our hiring process. Please contact us via email to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Altai is an equal opportunity employer.