Altai Systems provides association-specific CRM software built on top of Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM. Altai has an exciting hands-on opportunity for a Development Manager to lead our team of talented front-end and back-end developers who are leveraging the Power Apps suite of tools. Typical projects consist of improving our base product, writing customer-specific logic in Power Apps and Dynamics 365, developing integrations to other platforms such as learning management and events systems, and supporting our client-facing CMS-agnostic web portal product built using the Angular framework and other modern web tools.
The Development Manager is a player-coach, having responsibilities for both project execution and team management. It is the ideal role for a passionate, solutions-driven developer with an unwavering commitment to quality.
- Refine, document, roll-out, and enforce new development processes in alignment with industry best practices.
- Provide architecture and development expertise to ensure product excellence.
- Oversee the day-to-day efforts of both our product-facing and client-facing developers, ensuring solid architecture decisions.
- Provide gatekeeping expertise to ensure that all development decisions align with Altai’s product strategy.
- Create and/or supervise the creation of detailed technical specifications to support project goals.
- Collaborate with Professional Services team members to understand and execute on client requirements.
- Collaborate with Product Owner to schedule, execute, and release product enhancements.
- Schedule development resources in accordance with billability and project timeline goals.
- Ensure the accountability of all development resources for product quality and timeliness.
- Provide formal constructive assessments of team members on an ongoing basis.
- Provide support to the Sales team as necessary to estimate work requests.
- Maintain accurate time and task tracking records on a weekly basis for reporting and billing purposes.
- Maintain accountability for personal and team billability goals.
- 5 years of proven experience successfully managing a development team.
- 3-5 years of proven experience developing with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM.
- Power Platform development experience including Power Apps (Canvas and Model-Driven), Dataverse, Power BI, Power Automate, and Common Data Service administration.
- Ability to write .NET plugins utilizing the Dynamics 365 SDK.
- Source control such as Azure DevOps, GIT, TFS.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud administration (or similar, AWS, Google Cloud).
- Experience managing documentation, tasks, and tickets through Confluence and Jira.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and complex tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to translate highly-technical concepts into plain language for non-technical stakeholders.
- Microsoft certifications are desirable.
Our teams at Altai are supporting some of the most well-respected, influential, non-profit organizations around the globe. As a provider of CRM solutions for associations, we have the ability to impact and support those on the frontlines of medical innovations, transportation safety, standards advancements, and more. We value infectious energy, positivity, and an unwavering commitment to quality. Our teams work remotely from their home offices and enjoy great pay, competitive benefits, and flexible work schedules. Interested in learning more about Altai – please visit us at www.altaisystems.com.
If this position sounds like a good fit for you, we’d like to encourage all applicants to consider applying even if you do not meet 100% of our requirements.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations to fully participate in our hiring process. Please contact us via email to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application.
Altai is an equal opportunity employer.