Altai has built its Association Management System (AMS) on the foundation of three principles: Content, Commerce, and Community. Featured here is Commerce.
While associations and nonprofits, by design, do not produce “profits,” they still need to generate revenues to function. Commerce is the backbone of an organization’s revenue stream. By definition, commerce relates to the buying and selling of goods and services, but our definition of commerce focuses on the mechanisms required to facilitate those activities by an organization. The “goods and services” involved in an association or nonprofit are typically related to events, meetings, educational opportunities, etc. and thus require a system that is familiar with how to handle the technological processing of those unique activities.
To help organizations understand the different components, we’ve established the 4 Pillars of Commerce which are:
- Unified Web Part Engine
- Web parts can query the data by example & display results
- Web parts can sell services, registrations, products, memberships & renewals
- Web parts are smart
- Web parts sit inside your existing CMS
- Web parts can be assembled together to create a commerce "path"
- Web parts can display forms and capture/confirm information
- No need for iframes
- Unified Shopping Cart
- An easy to use unified shopping cart that can work with almost any Content Management System (CMS)
- Contains a wallet to make purchasing easy or automatic
- Shopping Carts are "smart" – i.e. it knows that Bill’s membership is up for renewal, so renewal is at the top of every product list
- Specifically designed to sell events, sessions, memberships, donations, and products
- Shopping carts inherit their functionality from the web parts
- Shopping carts can be saved edited and finally purchased
- Shopping carts can "up sell"
- Just-In-Time Content
- Content can be added at the right/needed time to be seen on any device
- The right message pushed at the right time with automated content
- The right content at the right time to any device
- Altai's Business Rules Engine
- No custom code required
- Can push complex processes to the web
- You only have so much "real estate" on any singular device
- You need automated content
- Rules have versions, start and end dates
- Rules can be tested, exported and imported in a SDLC scenario
Regardless of where your stream of commerce originates and flows, our 4 Pillars will lead you to the river of financial success. To see a demo or learn more, click COMMERCE.